Friday night lights: Boerne Tx

Missed my Daddy today. I remember first coming into Boerne as a child. [Infamous] Riverside BBQ. Loved their bbq chicken!. They would process our deer one year:  So, did another place that was directly across from the middle school on Main Street back in the early 80s. But it was not there long.  Loved the Boerne Pups football games. The stands at night aglow. My Dad's yelling. My Mom's, too. The Boerne concessions stand where mom invariably worked. I did, too. It felt huge at that age. Big Friday night lights. The smell of cut wet grass. The smell of taped ankles. The smell of freshly washed football jerseys.  My plastic pads and dirt stuck to me. My chewing gum still stuck in my mouthpiece. Lol . My brother John's commentary after every win or loss. Miss them. So lucky
Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular