In Forgetting Everything, I Remembered Nothing
Artistic Video - Typography/Spoken Word
Lyrics and Music - Written and Performed by John Clay
Video done with Adobe After Effects
In dealing with the comfort in black and white
I extract from the solitaire routine
Or change the card color to green
To remember where I once began to stutter
To talk to you like Im not a child
But this drill has stepped in old and tiring
And Im learning nothing new
I sense foolishness
For trading a photograph album for a fairy tale
But whos on the losing end
Back to the beat of aerodynamics and alphabet soup
I spell mistaken with a pinched nerve
A pulled muscle up my sleeve
And broken like the day I met you
She says
My memento is blue-er than the time we fell in love
I just said that I repeated
But she only laughed
A weathered receipt
Holds no ink
And no reminder
Of a forgotten purchase
A fragile liberty
Escaping the concubine of a shattered ego
And a spoiled word
But believe in miracles
And one day, youll learn to believe in yourself
To make the conquer of the supernatural curve
To lie frozen
Haunted by the image of him in the rear view
A mirror that never seems worth breaking
Until I cant stand the hindsight
And then its too late
For holidays and hula-hoops
And Frisbee on the Fourth of July
But etching the mark on my sheets
there must always be time
dont try this at home
I hate you and your temptation
I was a good kid before I met you
I was a good kid
And now
I want to tell you how I feel
And cry
And break every rule my dad ever taught me
But when it comes to the razorblade kiss
I cant help but think
I need you
And you shouldnt be so far from the wound
On the right arm, wrist
The one you felt but never saw
Never caught the stomach
To settle the uneasy
Feeling of a television screaming static
And the image of a news reporter being shot by friendly fire
Sometimes I think God has a sense of humor
Or at least the ability to give a man what he deserves
And pacify on a guilty conscious
Arrogant
YesI called myself arrogant
To stand up by myself
And say Youre beautiful
And nice shoes
And Im dying
But you wont see it coming
You wontI promise
To smile
To slide up a fret and scream
to kill me is to be me
TO KILL ME IS TO BE ME
To the whispers of a deafening crowd
And my echoes say nothing
But porcelain shatters
An attempt at world peace
But it goes unworded in the dictionary
Like
Like
Like
Like when vietnam was just another purple place on the map
And we lived without the fear of a falling 34th floor
The crumbling of an icon
Of arrogance and something broken
A swallowed piece to the puzzle
So
I wait
For excrement and more lies to flow
From the lips of the prestigious and powerful
Americanto the core
To the role of another die
And another severed jugular
I fear for the unborn
Comments
Post a Comment