$40,000 New Triumph Bonneville Custom Cafe Racer Motorcycle



This New 2010 Triumph Bonneville Custom Cafe Racer was created by Triumph dealer South Bay Triumph in Lomita, California. http://www.southbaytriumph.com It has been hot-rodded to make 105 Horsepower and 76 ft pounds of torque. They know how to make a Triumph motorcle go seriously fast. How fast? They have set a land speed record on the Bonneville salt flats with one of their Triumphs (not the one in the video). South Bay Triumph showed this motorcycle at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show, along with a price list to let you know what it would cost to build a similar bike. They used the best of everything, and it's a really beautiful motorcycle

Here is some general background on my involvement with motorcycles: Back in the dark ages early Sixties, I bought my first big bike, a BSA Super Rocket. I raced everywhere, from my home in New York to Mexico City (where I won the National Drag Championship). Competing at 8000 feet altitude provided quite a challenge. After that, I obtained a wrecked Triumph Bonneville, rebuilt it, and raced quite successfully. During the summer of 1965, I won numerous trophies with that bike, some days competing in four different classes. I graduated from University of Oklahoma in 1967 and then joined BMW as a marketing manager. Due to my racing experience, they eventually asked me to help with their roadracing efforts. I built racing engines, specializing in camshaft development, which led to our winning the 1976 Super Bike Championships. I purchased the BMW accessory division in 1985, allowing me to more fully develop all the high performance parts, which I then marketed under my Luftmeister brand. I participated in our initial turbocharger technology initiative, which resulted in our competing in many top speed events, ultimately yielding 7 land speed records, including the current record of over 206 mph at El Mirage Dry Lakes in 1994. I purchased my Triumph franchise in 1995, and shortly thereafter attained a speed run at over 200 mph with a Daytona 1200. During this time, I also set the first Triumph Stock Production record of 174 mph with a Daytona 955 in 1998. I am now specializing in high performance parts development for Triumph. I am building 3 different bikes to run at Bonneville in early September. One will be my personal bike (The Mirage 1147 cc), one for Triumph UK/US team, and one for the Hein Gericke French team. These bikes are based on the Bonneville twin engine and will produce around 100 RWHP, which will give us a good chance at more records. If not, there always will be next year and a new chance.

South Bay Triumph
2101 Pacific Coast Highway Lomita CA 90717
Phone: (310) 784-7693 Fax: (310) 784-7696

Artstrada Magazine PhotobucketBookmark and Share

Comments

Popular